The most frequent lift on a load without handles, will be a squat lift/dead lift combination. The second most frequent lift on a load without handles, will be a back lift/dead lift combination. We must eliminate the squat or back lift with a wide stance, 45 degree POWERLIFT ® approach to the load. Eliminate the dead lift by tipping the load. Keep in mind that most right handed persons will develop a habit of tipping the load towards the right side, which is the strong side, and most left handed persons will tip towards the left, which is their strong side. Either direction works, however, you probably will develop a preference for the direction you wish to tip the load. The following example is for a right handed person.
- Is it the Worker, or is it the Work? (Can New Tech Make a Difference?)
- Are Young Workers Forgotten When it Comes to Safety? (4 Tips to Improve the Next Generation of Safety)
- 5 Reasons why Back Injuries Don’t Have to be the Norm at Work [Merge Wearable Tech with Effective Training]
- 3 Ways to Protect an Aging & Overweight Workforce from Injury.
- Workplace Fatigue and PowerLift (Can Proper Lifting Technique Help?)