It is important to know that you can’t reach all the way down to the floor with both hands without using your back. Doing this deep of a bend and then trying to lift can easily tear ligaments in your back and put you on the disabled list. The best way to get both hands all the way down to the floor is to use a Tripod Lift. To do this, simply go down on one knee, then reach down with both hands. The Tripod stance brings you down to the level of the floor so that you can reach all the way down without straining your back. As you come up with the load it is also a good idea to rest the item on your thigh as you rise. This is called bridging and will be a big help in getting you off the floor to a standing position. Use the Tripod Lift, it is a good thing to learn if you want to protect your back!
- The Forgetting Curve (Can Micro Burst Training Make the Difference?)
- Now More Than Ever (Safety Training Considerations During a Pandemic)
- Safe Material Handling: Looking Forward with 2020 Vision
- 3 (not so) Awesome Attitudes that Ensure Workplace Injuries
- Is it the Worker, or is it the Work? (Can New Tech Make a Difference?)