So, you have to move a long, heavy box from the pallet to the stock cart and you want to make the job as easy as possible. Here is a great way to do just that. Simply position the cart in front of the pallet, then straddle the box. With your feet in a wide stance and your knees bent, slide the load right through your legs and onto the cart. This will keep you close to the weight of the load and will help you to use your legs to do the job. Get creative when you work, but make sure when you do it you are using your legs!
- 5 Reasons why Back Injuries Don’t Have to be the Norm at Work [Merge Wearable Tech with Effective Training]
- 3 Ways to Protect an Aging & Overweight Workforce from Injury.
- Workplace Fatigue and PowerLift (Can Proper Lifting Technique Help?)
- The Benefits of Safe Lifting Training Don’t Stop at Clock out
- Build Safe Lifting Into Your Company’s Safety Culture