The typical way that most people mop is with a figure-8 motion. The problem is that if you keep your feet pointed straight ahead, like the worker above, it will be your back that powers the mopping motion. You can easily put the work onto your legs if you learn this method: Stand with your feet parallel to the line you are mopping but at a 45 degree angle to the line ( see above ) . Then bend your knees just a bit and begin to rock back and forth on your feet. As you get the rhythm, begin moving the mop in the direction that your body is moving. This technique works great and will take all the work off your back and put it onto your legs!
- Levitation (3 Aspects of a Sound Ergonomic Program)
- Modjoul™ and Contact Tracing – Preventing the Perfect Storm
- Modjoul™ Health Blog – It’s not going away.
- T’is Never the Season to be… Injured! (4 ways that online safety training reduces injury during the seasonal rush)
- The Forgetting Curve (Can Micro Burst Training Make the Difference?)